Saturday 8 June 2013

Introductions

I have been fortunate to work at Travel Manitoba for the past 7 1/2 years. While most people think I stand on street corners and tell random strangers that they should come to Manitoba, I prefer to be a little more efficient with my time. I am currently the Manager of Global Travel Trade Relations, and what that means is that I work with tour operators and resellers of travel around the world to teach them about Manitoba and all the great things there is to do here.

What that also means is that I travel about half the year and have been fortunate enough to see some pretty amazing things. Over the past few years of traveling for work I have been coast to coast in Canada, but only made it as far north as Churchill. My sister lives in Halifax and I don't visit her nearly often enough. I will make to the arctic one day.

My favourite USA state is Kentucky, my favourite city is San Francisco although California and Hawaii in general are both places I love. I have an indescribable need to go to Portland, Oregon and have been to Washington, DC three times without seeing the cherry blossoms. New York City never gets old, Chicago feels like home and I could live forever in San Diego. Is anything as good as Kansas City bbq?

Beer really does taste better in Prague. Scotland made me understand Manitoba better. Taking my mom to Paris was one the best trips of my life and I once met a prince in London.
I would like to blog to share my thoughts on living in a beautiful prairie province that people tend to overlook, having some really amazing experiences and somehow always managing to be in the right place at the right time. I love sports, photography, dogs, my family and friends, food and nature. Maybe not in that order.

Grab your suitcase (because we all have a little baggage) and let's go!

Kayaking with the beluga whales in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment